Visualisation is the process of providing insight into datasets by the application of advanced computer graphics.
The Pawsey UWA partner provides a broad range of visualisation services in support of research within The University of Western Australia and across the other Pawsey Supercomputing Centre partners. Researchers with visualisation problems are encouraged to contact the Centre to discuss their requirements. The Pawsey UWA partner provides some specific hardware resources along with associated expertise that include, but not limited to, the following:
- High resolution 4K x 4K stereoscopic 3D floor to ceiling wall complete with head tracking and 3D input devices.
- Immersive projection environment known as the iDome.
- High resolution tiled display.
- Various unique image and video capture devices.
- Experimental and novel user interfaces including 3D camera trackers,
tablets and gesture input devices.
- Novel presentation techniques including rapid prototyping and holograms.
- High end workstations and licenses to commercial visualisation packages.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The visualisation laboratory can be found on the ground floor of the UWA Physics Building.