The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre provides data storage services to the research community, on a merit basis. Access to the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores is governed by a Data Storage and Management Policy (DSMP), which was approved by the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Board. The DSMP is available to all researchers from here.
Access to the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores
All data storage allocations are started here. Please note:
- All researchers will be asked to provide a project short name which will be associated with the directory provided.
- Every project has a primary and a deputy custodian who are responsible for the data – only these custodians can grant access to others.
- Applications < 5TB are generally not considered unless there are exceptional circumstances (eg multi-participant high-value data sets.)
- Applications > 100TB will be referred to the Supercomputing Centre Data Allocation Committee for review.
- The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre will only approve applications where a second copy of the data is available elsewhere (except under exceptional circumstances.)
- The only access mechanism for the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores is via LiveARC (also known as Mediaflux.)
- At this time, due to funding, the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores will only provide storage allocations until June 2019.
- All researchers using the Data Store must comply with the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Storage and Management Policy.
My application was successful, how do I ingest data to the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre?
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre’s primary data ingest tool is the Data Portal.
If you’re having trouble, please consult the list of frequently asked questions.