To mark the availability of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores, the Pawsey Data Team is offering a variety of increased outreach services to assist researchers maximise the value of the increased storage capacity being offered at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre.
Part of the programme of work is a series of ‘drop-in’ Data Clinics that will be held in the Pawsey Partners facilities. At these events all researchers are invited to attend, to hear what data storage is available and how they can access this. Researchers will be guided through the application process by Pawsey Data staff and supported with the application, if this is necessary.
Researchers can get help with data ingest procedures, tools and practices (e.g. what tools to use and why) as well as have the Data staff help review present workflows to identify bottlenecks and help with solutions.
Advice will also be given on how best to share data (especially for researchers with collaborators elsewhere), what tools might be useful and how best to make data discoverable by others.
In November 2015, the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre will offer the following data drop-in clinics:
- Wed 25th November – 10am to 11am (UWA Pawsey conference room, Physics building)
- Wed 25th November – 1.30pm to 2.30pm (Murdoch Library, 4th floor, Room 4.007)
- Thurs 26th November – 10.30am to 11.30am (Curtin TL Robertson Library, Level 2)
- Thurs 26th November – 1.30pm to 2.30pm (ARRC Building, Kensington Room)
- Fri 27th November – 10am to 11am (ECU – Mt Lawley, Room 13.135)
- Fri 27th November – 1.30pm – 2.30pm (ECU – Joondalup GRS training room, Level 3, Building 34)
More information on these clinics can be found on the Events page.
Please contact email@example.com for further support. In some cases local drop in clinics can be arranged, subject to demand.
The Data Team will also be hosting some additional Data Management events to support researchers.
Details of this will follow soon and will be sent out to all the Pawsey mailing list.