The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- This event has passed.
Pawsey User Training September 2017
September 11, 2017 @ 9:00 am - September 15, 2017 @ 4:00 pmFree
In September, Pawsey Supercomputing Centre will offer a range of training courses to support researchers on supercomputing, data and visualisation. The introductory and intermediate courses are
- Introduction to Pawsey: 9:00 – 10:00am Mon 11 September
- Introduction to Linux: 10:00 – 12:00pm Mon 11 September
- Introductory Supercomputing: 1:00 – 4:00pm Mon 11 September
- Introduction to Supercomputing Technology: 10:00am – 12:00pm Tues 12 September
- Intermediate Supercomputing: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Tues 12 September
- Remote Visualisation training: 9:00am-12:00pm Wed 13 September
- Introduction to Data Services: 1:00pm – 2:00pm Wed 13 September
- Pawsey Tour: 2:00pm – 2:30pm Wed 13 September
Aimed at more experienced programmers, three more sessions are offered to users who wish to develop, optimise and parallelise their codes on supercomputers.
- Optimising Serial Code: 9:00am – 12:00pm Thurs 14 September
- Parallelising your Code with OpenMP: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Thurs 14 September
- Parallelising your Code with MPI: 9:00am – 4:00pm Fri 15 September
Courses are delivered in a face to face classroom style. Attendees are expected to bring and work on their own laptops. Staff from the Supercomputing Team will be facilitating so you can meet and chat with them.
- 11-12 and 14-15 September: Training Pod B, 20 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington 6151 (next door to the ARRC building)
- 13 September: Visualisation Room, Pawsey Centre, Burvill Court, Kensington 6151 (up the hill from Pod B)
- Free parking available on-site.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops for the sessions.
- Courses are free of charge and open to all, however places are limited.
- Light refreshments will be provided on each day.
- Lunch can be purchased at nearby cafeterias.
If you have any queries, please contact Kathryn Barker via email@example.com.
Please note, this session is now FULL. To register your interest and be placed on a waiting list, please fill out the form on this page.