The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- This event has passed.
Pawsey User Training November 2017
November 13, 2017 @ 9:00 am - November 15, 2017 @ 4:00 pmFree
In November, Pawsey Supercomputing Centre will offer the following short courses on supercomputing, data and visualisation topics:
- Introduction to Pawsey: 9:00 – 10:00am Mon 13 November
- Introduction to Linux: 10:00 – 12:00pm Mon 13 November
- Introductory Supercomputing: 1:00 – 4:00pm Mon 13 November
- Introduction to Supercomputing Technology: 10:00am – 12:00pm Tues 14 November
- Intermediate Supercomputing: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Tues 14 November
- Remote Visualisation training: 9:00am-12:00pm Wed 15 November
- Introduction to Data Services: 1:00pm – 2:00pm Wed 15 November
- Pawsey Tour: 2:00pm – 2:30pm Wed 15 November
Courses are delivered in a face to face classroom style. Attendees are expected to bring and work on their own laptops. Staff from the Supercomputing Team will be facilitating so you can meet and chat with them.
- 13-14 Nov: Training Pod B, 20 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington 6151 (next door to the ARRC building)
- 15 Nov: Visualisation Room, Pawsey Centre, Burvill Court, Kensington 6151 (up the hill from Pod B)
- Free parking available on-site.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops for the sessions.
- Courses are free of charge and open to all, however places are limited.
- Light refreshments will be provided on each day.
- Lunch can be purchased at nearby cafeterias.
If you have any queries, please contact Kathryn Barker via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, please fill out the form on this page.