Job no: 494327
Work type: full-time
Location: Crawley, iVEC@UWA (Pawsey Supercomputing Centre)
Categories: Information Technology
- Appointment up to March 2016, part-time or full-time
- Salary range: Level 8 $88,988 – $97,460 p.a.
As part of the Data Team within the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, the Data Services Project Manager will lead, support and advise Pawsey with regard to various operations in the NeCTAR and Research Data Services (RDS) projects.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have:
- A degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), or a scientific discipline
- Substantial experience in managing large-scale data service projects for the research sector
- Significant experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders being a primary point of contact, setting and maintaining project expectations, to facilitate cooperative outcomes
- Proven ability to manage complex projects within data services, including the monitoring and tracking of project execution, and ensuring synergies across projects through the use of standardised tools, processes and practices
- Significant ability to ensure project resources are effectively managed to promote teamwork, evoke creative / innovative thinking and achieve project objectives within established timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic and operational issues, think laterally and apply analytical, qualitative and research skills to develop appropriate creative strategies for resolution
- Proven ability to work as a professional member of a team, both internally and externally
- Ability to use creative ways to employ project team staff, distribute responsibilities and challenge others to develop
- Proven commitment to pursue excellence in all aspects of this role, sharing lessons learned and implementing best practices where possible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Closing date: Friday 8th May 2015
Please see the position description prior to applying.
To apply and for further information, please see the position page on the UWA website here.